BOW CLIFF CENTER IS CLOSED AS OF NOVEMBER 11th, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
BCS RELAUNCH INFORMATION
WHAT TO EXPECT & THE "NEW NORMAL"
Last Edited July 24, 2020
This document applies to all activities and events held both indoor and outdoor
at Bow Cliff Senior Centre.
AS OF AUGUST 1st, BOW CLIFF CENTER IS MANDATED BY THE CITY OF CALGARY TO FOLLOW THE "TEMPORARY FACE COVERING BYLAW".
RULES & RESPONSIBILITES1. Bow Cliff Senior Centre will be adhering to the “Guidance for Seniors Centres and Seniors Serving Organizations” as outlined by AHS and the Government of Alberta, for our operations relaunch.
Please click this link to view the document https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-seniors-centres-and-seniors-serving-organizations.pdf
2. Bow Cliff staff will be responsible for implementing and enforcing the rules, regulations and protocols regarding COVID-19 that have been provided by AHS and the Government of Alberta.
3. Immediately notify Bow Cliff staff if your contact information has changed.
4. The adherence to Bow Cliff Centre’s, AHS, and the Government of Alberta’s rules and regulations are mandatory and will help to ensure the health and safety of all members, visitors, and staff.
ENTERING THE FACILITY1. You will be asked to remain outside until a staff member welcomes you into the facility.
2. If there are others waiting, please stand behind them at a 2 metre distance.
3. We ask that as you are waiting, to please review the information posted on the windows and front door of the centre labelled “Please Do Not Enter If You:” and “Prevent The Spread Of Coronavirus”.
4. Once a staff member comes to welcome you, you will be asked the following questions:
· - Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19? Fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, and/or runny nose?
· - Have you been in close contact with anyone with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
· - Have you returned to Canada from outside the country (including USA) in the past 14 days?
5. You will be asked to sign our facility attendance log.
6. You will enter the facility and be directed to our hand sanitizing station.
7. Masks are mandatory.
8. All individuals using the centre will be monitored for developing symptoms during their use of the facility. AHS steps and guidelines will be followed if individuals display symptoms while at the centre.
9. Staff and management reserve the right to deny entry and ask individuals to leave if they are exhibiting any symptoms relating to COVID-19.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING WHILE USING THE FACILITY1. The facility will have 2 metre markers on the floor.
2. Please observe all arrows and signs that are posted to assist with traffic flow.
3. Please observe the no congregation areas.
4. All tables and chairs will be spaced 2 meters apart.
5. There will be a limit of 2 people in each washroom at a time.
6. There will be no unauthorized access to the kitchen.
7. Physical distancing will be continuously monitored by staff, please expect to be reminded of the social distancing protocols.
LUNCHES AND BEVERAGE SERVICE
Reservations & Pre-payment:1. Members must RSVP and prepay to all lunches and events serving food. This is to ensure the allowed capacity is maintained for each event, as per AHS guidelines, and that enough food is available for each guest.
2. Drop-Ins are not permitted.
3. Curbside pickup will be available by pre-order only and depending on the event.
4. You can RSVP by phone at 403-246-0390, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Pre-payment can be done over the phone with VISA/Debit or in person at the center. Please note, pre-payment must be made along with your reservation.
6. There are NO CASH transactions at this time.
Public Health Measures for Food and Beverage Service:1. There will be designated servers for all events with food and beverages.
2. Designated servers will be required to wear gloves and masks and hand hygiene will be performed frequently.
3. Single use plates, cups, utensils, and napkins only.
4. Single serve coffee and beverage items will be available upon request – NO SELF SERVE.
5. Tables and chairs will be disinfected before and after each event.
6. Tablecloths and decorations will not be used.
Table Service:1. Members will be asked to wash and/or sanitize hands prior to entering and leaving dining area.
2. No shared containers or food dispensers, no shared condiments, or beverages.
3. Single serve coffee and condiment items will be available upon request.
4. Tables will not be pre-set.
Food Delivery:1. All food items will be individually pre-portioned, and/or packaged and labelled.
2. Guests will not be permitted in or around kitchen area.
3. Guests will not be permitted to self-serve.
4. Food and Beverages will be brought to each guest.
Dining Areas:1. Tables and chairs will be arranged so that 2 metre distance is maintained.
2. Aisles will be spaced to maintain 2 metre distance.
3. One-way traffic flow will be implemented in dining area.
4. Assigned seating will be used as required.
5. Members of the same household or Cohort Family are permitted to sit together.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)1. Staff will wear the necessary PPE such as face masks and gloves as required.
2. Staff will encourage members and all that enter the facility to use available hand sanitizer.
3. We encourage all members to bring their own masks and hand sanitizer.
4. The centre has obtained a small supply of face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer, available upon request.
CLEANING1. All cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting products are approved products from AHS.
2. Cleaning rotations and schedules have been developed for the facility.
3. A cleaning checklist will be completed throughout each day by BCS staff.
4. The regular clean and disinfecting of high touch surfaces and objects will be part of the facility cleaning checklist.